The mural begins on a large synthetic canvas that generally comprises the back wall of your show booth. For smaller display areas, painting live on traditional stretched canvas is equally effective (see all photos from WEFTEC below).
The content of your mural can be designed by your in-house graphic designers, or, Kathleen King can work with your team to create a composition that serves your purposes. The mural can contain any info-graphic, text or images that will convey your unique message and support your sales staff during your event.
Virtues of a live mural event:
1. The mural serves as an attention magnet.
2. It is a traffic stopper.
3. It encourages the visitor to stand and observe the performance giving sales staff ample time to engage.
4. It creates buzz throughout the event – attendees tell others and send them over to see it.
5. It can be designed as an excellent visual aid for sales staff to walk customers through exactly what it is that you do.
6. It draws repeat visits as attendees want to see the final composition. On a subliminal level, the mural in progress imparts the qualities of creativity, vision, skill and attention to detail.
Assembling and disassembling takes two people and 20 minutes. The whole thing can be designed to fold up and fits in the boxes that comprise its base. It can be printed on both sides so that one canvas serves two events. It is also a durable asset for use as a static display following completion.
Printing can range from $1,000 – $2000 for a piece this size.
Live painting is $800 per day plus travel and per diem.
Painting supplies are usually $100-$150.
The artist would be happy to speak with you by phone to answer any questions or to begin creating something fun, interesting and effective for your next event.
You can also find the artist on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/
Kathleen King – (970) 403-4527
Crown Bio, Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego
Rightscale Compute, San Francisco
Hexaptych (six canvas) Mural for The Water Council and Wisconsin economic Development Corporation at WEFTEC, New Orleans, September 27, 2014